As we look ahead to the 2015-16 school year, the SSCS School Board has decided to merge TBS and New Hope, bringing all students and activities to our Tacoma campus. We recognize the significant impact this will have on many of our current families. That is why we want make you aware of this decision now, so everyone can plan appropriately for the coming school year.
This decision is the result of an examination of projected enrollment, honest assessment of the financial impact, and our commitment to providing our students with an education that equips them to succeed academically, spiritually, and socially. This merger empowers South Sound Christian Schools to increase the quality, strength, and benefits our school can offer every family. This includes the following:
· Elementary students will receive weekly art, music, band, PE, library, and computers (3rd grade and up) classes
· One class per grade throughout our elementary school
· Interscholastic athletic opportunities
· Preschool-12th grade education on one campus
We intend for the merger to include students and teachers from New Hope at the Tacoma campus. As families prayerfully consider how to proceed, SSCS is taking the following steps to ease the transition:
· We will offer complementary shuttle service to the Tacoma campus for New Hope families for the next two academic years
· We will honor the published 2015-16 New Hope tuition rates for all students who choose to attend our Tacoma campus
· Shadow Days will be scheduled for New Hope students and families to visit the Tacoma campus
· We will refund all deposits and/or application fees for New Hope families who are unable to participate in the merger
There will be a parent meeting at New Hope on Tuesday, April 21st at 6:30pm to discuss this decision in greater detail. Board members and administrators will be on hand to talk about the merger, answer questions, and provide families with additional information about the Tacoma campus.
We look forward to welcoming students, parents, and faculty from New Hope to the Tacoma campus next fall. If you have questions about the merger, please contact me or our Tacoma Campus Principal, Brad McCain (firstname.lastname@example.org).
South Sound Christian Schools remains committed to developing DiscipleLeaders and providing our students with an education that equips them to succeed academically, spiritually, and socially.
SSCS Board Chair