Under direction of the Athletic Director, the assistant provides secretarial and general support for the athletic office.GENERAL:
Performs duties for the athletic director as requested relating to telephone calls, typing, filing, typing game schedules, helping check online accuracy of schedules, eligibility tracking, creating published materials (i.e. brochures), and overall support of athletic office.BASIC DUTIES:
- Help organize paperwork and power point information for Parent Information Nights.
- Type game schedules and rosters and double check entered correctly on online sites.
- Help line up gate/ ticket volunteers for each home game through Sign up Genius.
- Work with A.D. at some home sporting events, sport banquets, Open House Night. (This will require working a few evenings)
- If the A.D. also directs other departments, then the athletic secretary will assist in these areas.
- Help track all athletic eligibility and file paperwork for athletes.
- Create transportation / medical consent notebooks for each team.
- Help stock and organize medical travel bags for the teams.
- Help with areas of the sponsorship program as needed.
- Create certificates for the banquets and gathering lettering items for each athlete.
- Run occasional errands to bank, to purchase items, or to drop sponsorship gifts.
- Make copies for athletic department and help type up any needed documents.
- Help with gym set up for games and help prepare locker rooms on home games.
- Help scan in athlete’s physicals into RENWEB
- Help with recording game records, awards, and GPA on Sport’s Tracker spreadsheet.
- Help track and keep count of needed athletic supplies and inventory.
- Help assist with organization, cleanliness and keep up of gym and locker rooms.
- Help with the locking of outside athletic doors and locker room doors after school starts.
- Help order trophies for all athletic programs.
- Help keep ice freezer stocked with bags of ice and stock “crash cart” for games.
- Create Sign up Geniuses for game volunteers and Evites for Banquet invitations
- Must be proficient or willing to learn, Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, Sign up Genius and similar programs.
- Flexibility, adaptability, attention to detail, and the ability to work under deadlines.
- Good interpersonal, verbal, writing and communication skills.
- An ability to establish positive, effective and appropriate working relationships.
- The ability to exercise judgment and discretion of sensitive and private information.
- Helpful to have an understanding knowledge of sports.
- Must be able to accept and support the school’s mission statement and core faith values.
- Must be able to effectively operate a computer, telephone, and copier.
- Must be organized, communicate well with athletic director, and a hard worker.
To apply, please send the below items to Athletic Director Rick Noren at: [email protected]
Any questions, contact athletic department at 253-475-7226 Ext 113.