Tacoma Baptist Schools Student Outcomes for High School Graduates
It is the objective of TBS to train, teach by example, and inspire students high school career:
· Know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
· Honor God the Father, emulate His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, and follow the Holy Spirit.
· Grow in their Christian walk and continue to follow Christ.
· Leave TBS firm in their faith and able to articulate and defend the Christian faith in the world.
· Be committed to fulfilling the Great Commission.
· Be active in a local church, serving God and others.
· Be able to apply God’s Word in their daily life.
· Have the desire and strive to love God with all their heart, mind, soul and strength.
· Have the desire and strive to love their neighbor as themselves.
· Boldly explore God’s purpose for their lives, and to take personal ownership of Biblical truth.
· Understand and maintain a personal Biblical worldview.
· Understand and practice the spiritual disciplines of prayer, fasting, stewardship, and fellowship.
· Be prepared to build strong families that continue the heritage of God’s people.
· Be productive, God-honoring citizens that strengthen and provide service and leadership for their communities.
It is the objective of TBS to provide an academic curriculum of excellence and to teach and train students in such a way that they will:
· Master core competencies in academic disciplines including reading, writing, speaking, mathematics, history, the sciences, geography, languages, the arts, and personal finances.
· Be prepared for college, university, a future in the military, specialized trade school, or God’s calling for their lives.
· Be biblically literate and understand God’s Word.
It is the objective of TBS to educate and train students in such a way that they will:
· Utilize effective study skills, test taking techniques, listening, observing, critical thinking, and logic.
· Becomes wise decision makers, problem solvers, and creative thinkers.
· Achieve excellence in written and verbal communication.
· Be able to find information resources, use technology, analyze and evaluate information, perform academic research.
· Practice healthy eating habits, health, and physical maintenance, and personal hygiene.
· Enjoy mature and responsible human relationships, fostering respect and integrity with others.
· Practice responsible stewardship of God’s creation and resources.