Kindergarten at Tacoma Baptist Schools is an engaging program that prepares children for elementary through fun academic activities, social interactions, group learning, and opportunities to gorw in their relationship with God. We are committed to providing a safe and nurturing environment that nurtures social and emotional development.
A typical day in kindergarten includes: reciting the pledges and prayer, a focus on letter recognition (with a strong phonics emphasis) and number concepts, spending time together in God’s word, creative writing activities, engaging science and social studies lessons, and time to for kids to play their classmates. Weekly library, music, art, and PE classes allow our kindergarteners to learn and practice skills that enhance their clasroom experience.
Upon completion of kindergarten, the students will:
· Have learned 42 Bible verses and lots of Bible stories
· Be able to read 80% of the words seen in their environment
· Have learned addition facts through 10
· Be able to subtract 0 and 1 - 10
· Count by 2’s, 5’s, and 10’s
· Have learned to tell time and identify and count coins
· Have learned about 10 countries in addition to the United States
· Know about the five senses, weather, seasons, seeds, animals, and the seashore
Click here or call 253.475.7226 to learn more about Kindergarten at Tacoma Baptist and arrange a time to tour our campus and classrooms. We’re excited to meet you!