It’s easy to get excited about attending Tacoma Baptist Schools because learning is so much fun here! While we offer a challenging academic focus, it is accomplished through intriguing activities and engaging instruction.
While in Pre-Kindergarten, your student will learn weekly memory verses, participate in weekly library and music classes, and enjoy daily Bible and character training. By the end of Pre-Kindergarten, your child will be able to identify short vowel sounds, recognize basic sight words, and read simple sentences. Pre-K students also focus on writing in manuscript, counting to 100, recognizing numbers 1-20, and doing simple addition problems.
We offer Half-Day and Full-Day Pre-K programs. Our Full-Day Pre-K program runs from 8:00am-2:30pm. To learn more about our flexible Half Day Pre-K options call 253.475.7226.
Your child might be ready for Pre-Kindergarten if he/she:
· Will be 4 years old by August 31
· Has the ability to spend time away from parents
· Has demonstrated beginning listening skills
· Has a desire to learn and a growing attention span
· Is developing the ability to follow directions
· Knows the basic colors and shapes
· Can count to 10
· Is socially able to play with other children